Don’t know how to start playing? Need some advice before your first game? Here you will find some Padel tips to help you start on the right foot.
- Choose a racket with a soft core. It will be easier for you to handle it.
- Don’t forget your shoes. Padel is a sport with fast movements, lots of jumps and turns. Therefore it is worth investing in a pair of padel shoes in order to prevent any injuries and give you a better playing experience.
- Warm up to avoid any possible injuries. As in any other sport, warming up must be a part of the routine and essential in preparing yourself for the game.
- Take padel lessons. Although it is easy and fun to get started, you might build up wrong habits if you are not taught by a professional. Just a few lessons will help you learn the basic ideas of padel and become a better player.
- Learn the basic shots. There are forehand and background shots, volleys, lobes, serves… Once you have learnt them correctly, you will be covered in most games.
Bonus: Padel mistakes to avoid
Here we have put together the most common errors players make while playing padel. Take a look and avoid making them yourself!
- Not moving your feet. It is the most frequent mistake players make, especially as beginners. If you don’t move your feet you are forced to hit the ball head-on and therefore cannot give the ball the movement that it needs. And it will be easier for your opponents to win the game.
- Make a shot with the feet in front. You must shoot while standing with one foot ahead of the other one.
- Preparing the racket too far back when going to hit the ball. This will slow down your attack.
If you are a beginner, we recommend you to check this article about the basic padel rules.